Below is a list of frequently asked questions about Call Credit Transfers. If your query isn’t listed, call Customer Service and we’ll be happy to help.
How does Call Credit Transfer work?
This service allows you to send PAYG mobile phone credit to:
- PAYG phones on a growing list of mobile networks around the world (CLICK HERE to see the list).
- Any Vectone Mobile number around the world.
- Any Delight Mobile number around the world.
- Any ChilliTalk number around the world (the unique 11-digit Account Access Code displayed in My Account on the ChilliTalk website).
There are three ways in which you can transfer your available credit:
- Text message: send a transfer request via text
- Online: log in and transfer from your My Vectone account
- Phone: call Customer Service to make a transfer
More details on how to use Call Credit Transfer can be found Here
How do I know whether my recipient’s mobile number is on a supported network?
If you try to send credit to a mobile number that is on a network that doesn't support Credit Transfer, we will send you a message to inform you that the transfer was not possible and your credit will be safely allocated back to your account.
Can I transfer call credit to a contract mobile?
Unfortunately, no. You can only transfer call credit to a Pay As You Go (PAYG) mobile number. If you transfer to a Pay Monthly contract mobile number, we will inform you that the transaction failed and your credit will be safely allocated back to your account.
How will the recipient be notified of the transfer?
Your recipient will receive a text message telling them how much call credit has been transferred to their phone.
What is the exchange rate used?
During the top-up transfer process, we will give you the best value exchange rates we can. These will vary depending on your recipient’s mobile operator and the country in which it operates.
How long does it take to transfer the credit?
The transfer itself is almost instant.
If it takes a few minutes, don’t panic, because it just means the network is busy.
What are the error messages I see if the transfer fails?
There are several reasons why you may see an error message if a transfer fails, including:
• If you accidentally give us invalid information, e.g. a number in an incorrect format
• If you do not have sufficient available credit to make a transfer from your account
• If your recipient’s number is on a network or in a country to which we cannot make a transfer
• If there is a problem with our system, such as the process taking too long
The transfer process is secure at all times. If a transaction fails, then we will always message to let you know and your credit will be safely allocated back to your account.
Where can I see all of the transfers I’ve made in the past?
You can view your Call Credit Transfer transaction history in your My Vectone account.
Can I store a list of family and friends who I’ve transferred credit to in the past?
You can manage your list of transfer recipients in your My Vectone account.
What if I transfer credit to the wrong recipient?
Please make sure you send the right mobile phone number. We cannot recover your credit even if it is sent by mistake. Vectone Mobile cannot be held responsible for transfers made to the wrong recipient, due to being given the wrong information.
What happens to my credit if a transfer fails?
If a transaction fails for any reason, we will always message to let you know and your credit will be safely allocated back to your account. Unfortunately, we cannot recover your credit if you transfer credit to the wrong recipient.